Although some may think of it as a mere condiment, mayonnaise is one of the most used food products in the country. As such, plenty of companies manufacture this product to ensure that it is high-quality and available to the masses at all times. If you are an owner of a company that produces mayonnaise, you are well-aware of the fact that the process is more complex than it seems. As a somewhat involved process, various ingredients and types of equipment are required to make mayonnaise. For instance, basket strainers are a vital part of the mayonnaise creation process. With that in mind, the following is a closer look at the importance of mayonnaise and how basket strainers are used throughout the process.
More about Mayo
Before we delve into how basket strainers are used to create mayonnaise in large manufacturing companies, here is a list of a few things you should know about mayonnaise:
- It’s an Emulsion: One of the most interesting facts about mayonnaise is that it’s an emulsion. This means that it is a mixture of two or more liquids that are usually unmixable. This is one of the reasons why creating it is more complex than the average person realizes. Moreover, this is also the reason why basket strainers and other types of industrial mayonnaise equipment is required to create it.
- Lengthy Shelf-Life: Additionally, although many people think mayonnaise spoils quickly when it is not refrigerated, this is not the case. This is actually what makes it such a widely used condiment, it lasts for many months when unopened and unrefrigerated, and can last even longer when it is refrigerated. Also, commercial mayonnaise, in particular, has a lengthier shelf-life than homemade versions because it gets pasteurized during the process.
- Lots of Uses: Another reason mayonnaise is such an important food product is that it has lots of uses. It can not only be put on sandwiches, wraps, used in salads, etc., but it’s also used to make other beloved condiments such as ranch dressing, thousand island dressing, tartar sauce, and much more. It can also be used as a homemade hair conditioner and a face exfoliator.
Commercial Basket Strainer Use in the Mayonnaise Production Process
As mentioned, mayonnaise is an emulsion. This means rather than simply mixing the ingredients, manufacturers have to take a few extra steps to ensure the mixture is created properly. Made from eggs, salt, vegetable oil, water, vinegar, sugar, spices, and an emulsifying liquid, mayonnaise is created by gradually adding oil into the egg yolk, followed by the remainder of the ingredients listed. Given the complexity of mayonnaise processing, basket strainers are often used to drain excess oils that can later be reused, to slowly add the oil to the yolk, to remove chunks of added ingredients, etc. Therefore, manufacturers often need to keep lots of strainers on hand to ensure the process is running smoothly.
- Mayonnaise is one of the most commonly used condiments in the country.
- Since it is an emulsion, the process to create it is more complex than many know.
- Basket strainers are intricately involved in the mayonnaise making process.
If you are seeking premium quality sanitary strainers for food production, SaniClean Strainers has you covered. Proudly providing high-quality strainers to a wide variety of restaurants, manufacturing plants, etc., here at SaniClean Strainers we go above and beyond to make sure that we continue to create products that are high-quality, cost-effective, and durable. No matter how few or how many strainers you may need, contact us today to discuss your options and to schedule your first delivery with one of our seasoned experts.