Where are the Strainers used?
To protect other processing equipment such as homogenizers, meters, spray nozzles, needle valves, heat exchangers, and pumps. Sanitary filtration removescontaminants from the process stream.
Why are Sanitary Strainers used?
- To Promote Sanitation
- To optimize manufacturing and particle separation.
- Cost effective for improved product quality and ensuring uniformity.
- Designed for Maximum Application Flexibility.
Types of Products the Strainers are used for:
- Ice Cream
- Salad Dressing
- Hot Dogs
- Coarse Straining – using the Perforated Back-Up Tube by itself for straining large particles (1/8’’ dia. and 1/4’’ dia. ‘standard’, other hole sizes available upon request.
- Medium Straining – using the Perforated Back-Up Tube with a Wire Mesh OverScreen (75 – 1095 microns). Other Wire Mesh OverScreen opening sizes available upon request.
- Fine Filtration – using the Perforated Back-Up Tube with a Wire Mesh OverScreen (75 – 1905 microns) or a sanitary Filter Sock (available in various materials) down to 40 microns. Other Wire Mesh OverScreen opening sizes and Filter Sock micron retention sizes available upon request.
- Wedge Wire Elements – Wedge Wire can replace the Perforated Back-Up Tube and the Wire Mesh or SKS OverScreen. Wedge Wire strainers are available with a 1/4” opening down to 50-micron slot opening.
Who do we sell inline strainers to?
- Contractors and Engineers
- Chemical Processing
- Contract Packaging
- Canning Companies
- Processing Equipment Manufacturers
- Food Manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Pump Manufacturers
- Beverage and Juice Processing Plants
- Dairy Processing Plants
- Poultry Processing Plants
- Meat Processing Plants
- Flavor Companies
- Fruit Growers Cooperatives
- General Food Processing Companies